Follow Me on Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spoons N Moons

Have you ever wondered if the moon plays a part in how often ghosts appear or seem to be more active in their locations? I have. And I have noticed lots of weird things happening when the moon is full. People and animals tend to act strange. I seem to have a heightened sense of things going on around me. I have noticed complete silence on some nights and then just the opposite - strong winds that feel 'weird' to me, night bird screams, dogs barking. I have even noticed waking up at exactly on or around the 3am hour on a few occasions on or around a full moon. Whatever the case, a similar situation happened a few weeks back.

One night making dinner we were in and out of the backyard, admiring the moon, trying to catch it on my good old digital and stiring up some spaghetti and sausage. I went to the drawer and started looking for a slotted spoon to test the timing of the spaghetti and for some reason, could not find either of the two I own. I looked on the counters, in the dishwasher, cupboards and even in my daughters room. Not a spoon to be found anywhere. Hell I even looked more than once, as my husband came in and asked me what I was looking for and cursing about.

He proceeded to tell me to calm down and helped me look. Again we went through and over every possible place they could be, to no avail. Finally I had to resort to some other method. We ate dinner and agreed to ask our daughter later if she had anything to do with the missing spoons.

And I'll be damned the next day. I opened the same drawer that they go in and that I had dug in 2 or 3 times the night before and both spoons lay right on the top like they had been there for a week. Finding them is what reminded me to ask the kid. "Did you have my two slotted spoons in your room somewhere, because I was looking for them last night." "No! Mom, why would I have your spoons in my room?" "Well that's funny...Papa and I looked all over the house for them last night when we were cooking dinner and couldn't find them anywhere."

Of course the only thing we could all come up with is perhaps our little ghost girl was playing tricks on us again. Stealing my spoons until I got pissed and then returning them when I least expect it. The nerve of the little ghost girl!

What I want to know is why ghosts play games with the living like that? Is it so we know they are there? Is it because they are trying to communicate? Is it because they miss the interaction and fun that was real life? Perhaps. Or is it something more sinister...perhaps to scare us, perhaps to frustrate us, to cause unrest in our families or even to push us to get out of what they consider 'their' space?


Ghostly things to ponder until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment