Follow Me on Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, May 13, 2011

A few additional instances

Hello again!

I remembered a few other instances that I decided to add in here, one from a while back and one from a week ago.


First another short story (of course). For those of us who know our family, you know we love animals and have at anytime, several different species in our home. They are all our pets and we love them and take care of them. Animals bring lots of joy and love into our lives and it is something that none of this in our family can live without. Somehow I think we were gifted to be destined to become a safe house for all of those without homes as these animals somehow 'choose' us and we willingly take them in. We have 3 dogs named Tonka (10), Kai (5) and Marley (6 months), a Jack Russell mix, Pitbull mix and Yorkie/Maltese.

When Kai first came to us, a friend of ours had found him dumped in a box. We had no idea what kind of dog he was and had intentions of adopting him to a loving family just as soon as we could find someone that we felt worthy. However, much like all of the other animals we have had, once you move in, you never move out.

Kai and a baby Marley
Kai was a wonderful addition to our family, and a great buddy for Tonka. Unfortunately since Tonka is a little punk, he use to pick on Kai. One day, when Kai got big enough, he decided he was also an Alpha male and decided that he was not going to be punked by his 'little' brother anymore. He might be older and wiser, but he was smaller than Kai and enough was enough.

To make this very long story short, the bottom line is that since that day we have had to keep them completely apart or they rip each other to shreds. I'm talking blood bath style. This has meant that they have to be kept completely apart and switched out at various times during the day. This means that Tonka lives in his two rooms and Kai wanders the others. We literally switch them every couple of hours. You might think this is not right nor fair, but really it's not by our choice. We don't believe that animals are disposable and therefore, have learned to live with both of our fighting children, trying to keep the peace.

Tonka Roo
We often leave Tonka's door open so that he can roam freely in and out at his will, but he chooses to always go back into his 'house'. We think it is partially because he is somewhat of a loner dog and he is getting up there in years and just does not want to be bothered. By anyone. He just does as he wants and no one can tell him otherwise. I have even been snapped at on occasion when he does not want to do something. Tonka is very attached to his room. It's his sanctuary where he can relax and not be bothered by both humans or pesky dogs. He loves his room. One last note on Tonka - he hates loud noises. If you are arguing, he tries to escape. If there is thunder or lightning or fireworks outside, he heads for the farthest part he can get to underneath our bed.

One day not too long ago, Will heard Tonka crying and scratching at the door. This was weird because he has NEVER really scratched at the door. Cry, yes, but never scratched. Will could not figure out what was going on back there, so he went and opened the door. He said that Tonka came flying out of the room like a bat out of hell. So Will let him outside thinking he had to go potty.

When Tonka came back into the house, he refused to go down the hall and into his room. Will said he simply would not go. So Will just let him wander the house assuming he just wanted to be out with his sister Marley to play for a while. But this persisted. He would not go up the hallway for a really long time. Will said he acted like he saw something down the hall and was scared to go up that hallway and back into his rooms. This was just odd behavior to us and definitely worth noting here.

It has been just in the past few months that we have taken note of how are animals have been behaving. Truth be told, that is one of the first things I should have watched for but didn't. I know animals act differently when they see or encounter the supernatural. Now we notice all the time when Marley is looking up that hallway and growling deep in her chest or barking. We know she sees something that we do not. Kai has done it with her on rare occasions, but usually it is after Marley has started already. I am beginning to wonder if the newest member of our family is an intuitive.

Another thing I have not really touched on too much is the way things have been hidden, moved or simply disappear around here. As far back as I can remember, this has also happened on a somewhat regular basis. I guess the first time I noticed it was because I had purchased TWO dustpans and they both disappeared. And I mean, disappeared for good. Brand new and not one, but BOTH disappeared and we have to this day, never found them.

Another 'thing' that disappeared is one of our fish. Now you may think I am crazy, however, it happened. We had this huge, tall vase type thing that we used as a fishbowl for one our our beta's. It sat on the bookshelf in the living room, up fairly high. Will came one day and the fish (it was his fish) was simply gone, never to be seen again. We looked at the water level and it would have had to of been a high jumper to jump out. We emptied the bowl and washed out the shells to make sure it had not gotten stuck in one of them. We took all the books off the shelf to make sure it had not flopped out and died amongst them. We looked all around the floor. Poof. Gone like a fart in the wind. The only thing we could figure out was that IF it had indeed high jumped the wall of the bowl, it could have landed on the floor and Kai could have ate him. Mmmm...sushi.

Wood and Laundry basket
Another more recent event happened probably last week sometime. After going on vacation, I had not done any laundry and needed to do some. Our laundry room is just outside our back doors. I can say that even though I might not do laundry very often (I put it off as long as possible and usually do it late nights or weekends), I do go in and out of the laundry room quite often. Usually everyday. We have shelving in there where we store a lot of things and a filing cabinet out there that is also used for storage for pet supplies and things and there is yet another old household cabinet where we keep painting items, tools, hammers, nails etc.

Wood in its place out of the way
So as I went out there to do laundry on this particular day, the first thing that I noticed is a bunch of wood in my black laundry basket on the floor. You know those wood pieces that are used for animal houses for snakes, lizards...even hamsters and turtles? Well we have 3 of those that are VERY large. Jessi at one time had used them in this giant cage for her monitor lizard. Any way, of course we have kept them in case we ever need them for another animal, but they are stored up on the highest shelf up by the ceiling in the furthest corner of the laundry room. In a place up so high that no one ever goes up there. They are stored on top of some extra old linoleum tiles that were originally put down in the laundry room. Basically, there is no need to go up there for any reason. So why were they all down and in my laundry basket?

Well, I was so pissed about it because there was dirt from them all over my laundry basket and now, not only did I have to put those pieces of wood way back up on the top shelf (which meant getting a step stool out), but it also meant washing out the damn laundry basket. If you know me, it pisses me off that the others in the house can NEVER put things back where they belong. It is always left out, laying around until mom yells about putting it away or I simply pick the shit up myself because I am tired of yelling about it. Which I despise! They make more work for me and it makes me onry and mean!

I went ahead and went and asked Allie about it, and of course, she denied that she had taken them down and even asked me what I thought she would do with those. Hmm. So my next step was to go ask Will. Of course he had no idea "what wood pieces" I was talking about. I had to physically take him out there and show him, and of course, he stated why the hell would he take those down.

Okay. Two No's and I know that I had not taken them down. So who did? The dogs? I thought perhaps Logan took them down when he had house/dog sitted for us when we were on vacation, but this made no sense at all. Could I have really not noticed them in about a week? Was I really that blind or not paying attention? I mean, they were right there, plain as day, sitting right in the middle of the laundry room floor in the basket.

Then another thing happened yesterday. We were cleaning out our carport before we got a notice from the city about all the shit sitting out there. Of course, most of it was stuff that Will had gotten out and never put away. Lawn tools, BBQ stuff, tools. Just  STUFF. Anyone, one thing that was out there was the big blow up Christmas ball, laying in the driveway. The box from it had gotten ruined in the leaking shed from the rain and had gotten thrown away, so we had to find a new box for it. Problem is, I have been out looking for a box that large for sometime and every time I brought one home, it was still to small. But when they came out to replace our bathroom cabinet, the box it came in WAS big enough so we saved it. This meant I had to inflate the ball so that I could was the dirt and spiders off of it and let it dry before packing it up and returning it to it's year round home in the shed.

I proceeded to go look for the scrub brush so that I could get this chore done and guess what? I had a brand new large, stiff scrub brush that my sister Traci had just purchased when she and Allie were re-doing Allie's room. I had used it a few weeks ago to scrub some tiles with bleach and now I needed it again. So I went looking for it EVERYWHERE. I looked under the sink, in the laundry room and all of the cabinets, in both bathrooms, outside and in the carport cupboard. Of course, to no avail. Poof - gone. The bowl I had used that day was in the cupboard, but no scrub brush where it should have been underneath the sink. I asked Will, not seen it. I texted Allie, nope, not seen it. So perhaps Logan used it when we were gone.

So yesterday, I decided to email Logan and ask him about both the wood and the scrub brush. I asked about the scrub brush but worded it so that I ASSUMED that he had taken the wood down. The exact message was this: "Hey. Two questions for ya - my brand new scrub brush disappeared. Do you know where it is at or did you use it while you were here? Also, why did you take down the wood animal houses from the top of the laundry room and put them in a laundry basket?" His reply was direct and simply and just what I thought it would be: "I did not do either of those things. I didn't use a scrub brush thingy for anything. and I have no clue what those wooden animal houses are that you are talking about. Sorry!"

Am I going crazy here? I don't think so. Either the scrub brush will show up, or it will be like the dust pans and the fish - unexplainably missing & forever lost.

Well, I know this is another long one and I am sorry. Hopefully I did not bore any of you and that you will still stay tuned in. I have more to write - about my research trying to find out anything about the house or neighborhood. But that is for another time.

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment